Applying For a Marriage License
1. NO Marriage license will be processed after 3:00 P.M.
2. You may apply for a license from 8:00A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
3. You may start the application online at:
4. If applying online, both must complete the license in the Circuit Clerk's Office
5. One of you must be a resident of Clay County to apply.
6. Both will need to bring your driver's license and $20 in cash.
7. If address is not correct on license, you will need to bring a current utility bill, pay stub, bank statement, insurance bill or something of that nature.
8. If you have been divorced, and more than once, you will need to know the date of last divorce.
9. If your spouse passed away, you will need to know date of death.
10. The marriage license is good for 60 days.
11. You will receive your license the same day you apply.