Clay County Emergency Management Director
609 E National Ave Room 205
Brazil, IN 47834
Duties of the EMA Director:
• Keep the chief executive of the jurisdiction fully informed on emergency management activities.
• Work closely on a cooperative basis with departments of local government and community organizations in developing emergency management plans and capabilities.
• Work with local officials in the development of a hazard mitigation program to eliminate or reduce potential hazards.
• Inventory manpower and material resources from governmental and private sector sources that would be available in an emergency.
• Identify resource deficiencies and work with appropriate officials on measures to correct them.
• Develop an emergency Operating Center (EOC) as a site from which key officials can direct and control operations during an emergency.
• Develop and maintain emergency communications systems.
• Establish a system to alert key public officials and warn the public in the event of an emergency.
• Establish an emergency public information system.
• Develop continuity of government procedures and systems.
• Establish and maintain a shelter and reception and care system.
• Develop a training program for emergency response personnel.
• Develop a public education program.
• Develop a tests and exercise program.
• Assist in the establishment of mutual aid or cooperative assistance agreements to provide needed services, equipment, or other resources in the event of an emergency.
• Coordinate with industry to develop industrial emergency plans and capabilities in support of local government plans.
• Prepare, submit, and justify the annual emergency management budget.
• Secure technical and financial assistance available through State and Federal programs.